The Importance of Regular optical Exams and Eye Treatments Available
Like any other part of your body, the eyes are an important part of your everyday function. Vision is the sense that humans rely on the most, and it is important that you take care of it and schedule routine eye exams to determine its current state of health. For routine inspections or specific eye care, be sure to visit Gainesville Eye Associates. This is a Georgia Eye Clinic that provides various optic examinations and surgeries.
With a Georgia Eye center like the Gainesville Eye Associates, the following services are available:
- LASIK Vision Correction – LASIK is a procedure that uses a computer-controlled laser for correcting common vision problems like far-sightedness, near-sightedness and astigmatism. Corrective laser eye surgery is a painless process and recommended for those who no longer wish to wear glasses or contact lens.
- Laser Cataract Surgery – Cataracts typically occur in people over the age of 55. It is a condition characterized by a clouding of the eyes and can cause blurred visions and trouble seeing at night. Cataract surgery is done using a laser much in the same way with LASIK.
- Eye Lift Surgery – Surgery may also be done on the eyelids rather than directly on the eye. The procedure is known as Blepharoplasty and is done to remove excess skin tissue around the eye. Eye lift surgery can improve sight by removing the skin partially blocking the vision; it is also done on a cosmetic level to improve appearances.
- Latisse – Longer and fuller eyelashes can bring about a more attractive appearance especially among women. Latisse is a FDA-approved treatment done to produce lengthier and thicker eyelashes.
The eye works a lot like a muscle. Whenever you watch television, stare at a computer monitor or read in less than perfect lighting conditions, your eyes are forced to adjust and strain. This can cause premature wear and long-term vision problems, some of which may not be correctable with glasses or contacts. Early detection is always best, which is why you should see an eye care provider on a routine basis. As people age, it is not uncommon to experience loss of vision or other optic health concerns. Some common eye problems include the following:
- Refractive Errors – This may include near or far-sightedness or a condition known as presbyopia, in which you experience difficulty reading small print even up close.
- Amblyopia – This is more commonly known as lazy eye and occurs when the brain is unable to interpret visual information from one eye.
- Diabetic retinopathy – This is a condition common among those with diabetes. It is caused by damaged blood vessels in the retina.
Any potential problems in the eye may not be apparent right away, which is why it is important to detect the problem while it is still in its early stages. Gainesville Eye Associates is an eye surgery center staffed with some of the best opticians and optometrists. To keep your eyes in good health, be sure to visit this Gainesville Eye Center and follow doctor’s advice.